Westpoint is committed to providing ongoing support to mainframe and tape users and, amongst the many platforms we maintain, we are the European repair centre for Overland Data (now ‘Overland Storage’) mainframe tape drives.
Mainframe connect systems
Westpoint has a wealth of experience in assisting organisations to seamlessly replace legacy equipment that is now discontinued and unsupportable, and without a break in operations.
We have developed a controller that can be connected in place of legacy equipment while we move and convert data to any of a range of modern tape and optical solutions. Remote data links can then be established using this controller between sites and third party companies – enabling the safe, quick transportation of data with no need for removable media.
Our proven expertise in secure storage and handling digital evidence enables us to provide these links safely between companies.
Westpoint stocks a range of new and refurbished 3480, 3490 and 3590 drives, as well as half inch 9-track tape drives. These are supplied as complete solutions, with cables, a host controller card or computer to provide access to third party tapes and archived media on native PC-based systems.
- I-1003 Channel Printer Gateway
- I-1088 High Speed DataMover
- I-1090 SCSI - to - IBM Channel Tape Gateway
- I-2200 Automatic SCSI Switch for AS/400, RS/6000 and NT
- I-3302 Cross OverChannel Switch for IBM Systems
- I-3308 Channel Switch for IBM Systems
- I-5590 "Chameleon" IBM 3422, 3480, 3490 Compatible Tape System
- I-5594/TapeFile High Capacity Tape Library System for S/390 and Open Systems
- I-6590/AIT High Capacity Cartridge System for IBM-Users
- I-6590 Chameleon Tape System
- I-6590/DLT High Capacity Cartridge System for IBM-Users
- I-6590/Magstar Channel Control Unit for IBM 3590 “Magstar” High Performance Tape
- I-6590/MP Channel Control Unit connects IBM 3570 Magstar/MP to IBM Mainframes
- I-6594/AIT Magnetic Tape Library for IBM S/390 and Open Systems
- I-6594 “Magstar” Magnetic Tape Library for IBM S/390
- I-6990 Virtual Storage and Archive Server
- I-7595 5 ¼” Optical Disk Archive for IBM Users
- I-7596 Compact Disk Archive for IBM Users
- I-7995 Optical Disk Archive for IBM Mainframes